Fulltime/paid – Firefighter/Medic
Wage: $41,952.00 – $47946.00 per year (pay depends on position qualified for) + Benefits (including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with 9% match)
Opening Date: April 28, 2022
Closing Date: Until filled, initial application review 05/16/2022.
Position Open: 1 (one) Expected start date July 5, 2022
We have a position open with Steese VFD. We are accepting applications for a Firefighter/Medic position. This position is being announced at multiple levels and may be filled at any level. If selected at the developmental level, an individual may be promoted to the full performance level after meeting the requirements of the position. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
● Must be at least 19 years of age
● Two (2) years of active experience as a structural firefighter.
● Physically fit to perform fireground duties/task performances to include entry into structure
fires. The Department physical ability test must be passed prior to hiring and on an annual basis.
● Pass the Department’s medical physical prior to hiring and pass on an annual basis.
● Current valid Alaska Driver’s License with three (3) years of driving experience and insurable
under SVFD’s vehicle insurance policy.
● State of Alaska or IFSAC Firefighter 1
● Current BLS for Healthcare Providers certification
● Current State of Alaska EMT – 2 certification.
● IS-100, IS-700 certificates
● Certified by a fire department to operate a fire apparatus (attack engine or tender) for emergency
● Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Application Packet Requirements:
- Completed Application (downloaded from www.steesefire.org)
- Copies of all required certifications
- Two letters of reference
Submit your application packet online or apply in person at Steese VFD, 800 William C. Leary Lane, Fairbanks, AK 99712.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
” width=”20″ height=”20″>