Fulltime/paid – Captain
Opening Date: August 18, 2022
Closing Date: September 18, 2022, at 1700
Position Open: 1 (one)
Position Title: Captain, full-time paid, 48/96
Wage: DOE Starting at $60,931.00
Benefits: Health, dental, and vision for you and your dependents at no cost to you.
Retirement 401K with 12% match
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Have a minimum of Five (5) years of experience as a Firefighter, three (3) of which are at an Officer level or equivalent.
- Physically fit to perform fire ground duties/task performances to include entry into structure fires. Department physical agility test must be passed annually
- Current valid Alaska Driver’s License & be insurable under the Department’s policy
- State of Alaska Fire Apparatus Driver/Pumper/Mobile Water Supply operator (FADO) Certification or the ability to obtain within 1 year of hiring date.
- State of Alaska or IFSAC Firefighter II
- Current State of Alaska or IFSAC Fire Instructor I
- State of Alaska or IFSAC Fire Officer I
- Current State of Alaska EMT III or AEMT with Paramedic preferred.
- Current HazMat Operations certificate
- I-100, I-200, I-700, I-800 certificates
- Must be certified to drive/operate all Steese VFD apparatus and vehicles within three months
Application Packet Requirements:
1. Completed Application (downloaded from http://www.steesefire.org)
3. Copies of all required certifications
4. Copy of driving record
5. Copy of criminal history record
6. Answers to applicant questionnaire