Notice of Job Opening
SHIFT LEAD MEDIC / ENGINEER
Status: Temporary Part-Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Applications are now being accepted. Positions are open until filled.
These positions will be hired to cover shifts in the absence of full-time staff. We are seeking Engineer-Lead Medics, Engineers, or Lead Medics, with a strong preference for Engineer-Lead Medics. The positions require a person to work within the chain of command, have strong leadership qualities, be hardworking, and be self-motivated. Positions are “at-will” employees and will be hired at the discretion of the Fire Chief.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates degree or higher is desirable
- Possession of State of Alaska or IFSAC Firefighter 1
- Possession of American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider card
- Valid Alaska Class “D” Driver’s License at time of hire
- State of Alaska EMT 1 Certification for Engineer positions
- State of Alaska EMT 3 Certification for Medic positions with an Advanced certification from applicant’s home department preferred. Alaska MICP preferred.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Operate as the shift officer, managing a crew of volunteers/scholarship students
- Function as the lead medic on a 2-3-person ambulance
- Drive and operate fire apparatus to include ambulances, engines, and tenders.
- Lead crews on emergency scenes
- Candidates will be required to complete a short training period prior to shift work
- Shift work will include 24 – 48 hour shifts
Application Packet Requirements:
- Completed Application (downloaded from steesefire.org)
- Copies of all required certifications
- Two letters of reference
Submit your application packet by emailing them to email@example.com or apply in person at Steese VFD, 800 William C. Leary Lane, Fairbanks, AK 99712
Please review the full job description and download the employment application.